Responsible for implementation of HR policies and procedures in Iraq Country offices. HR functions include recruitment processes, staff orientation and induction, payroll functions, grievance processes, document management and preparation of staff contracts.
- Be thoroughly familiar with SCI HR policies and procedures in Iraq
- Ensure that SCI HR policies and procedures in Iraq are implemented in such a way as to protect the rights of both staff and the organization while equally ensuring that both staff and the organization meet their responsibilities.
- With Hiring Managers, finalize Job Descriptions and Personnel Requisition Forms for northern Iraq ensuring that they are consistent with SCI global and country-specific guidelines and mandate.
- Guide recruitment processes in northern Iraq including developing and placing vacancy announcements, receiving and grading applications and arranging and participating in interviews.
- Ensure that candidate selection processes are in accordance with SCI’s policies and procedures for Iraq with a focus on transparency, fairness and recruitment on the basis of merit.
- Maintain accurate, updated and confidential personnel and recruitment files and trackers.
- Prepare all new and revised staff contracts, offer letters, salary worksheets and personal declarations and advise the hiring managers on proposed salary scales for each position.
- Lead new staff induction processes ensuring that all new staff are introduced to Save the Children’s policies and procedures and that they are re-oriented on a periodic basis.
- Work closely with the supervisors to implement annual, mid-year and probationary performance review processes.
- Ensure that all staff departing Save the Children complete a full and documented handover and that exit interviews are conducted.
- Prepare service and consultancy contracts for suppliers, service providers and consultants based on appropriate procurement methods and bid analyses.
- Maintain confidentiality of all HR decisions, issues and records.
- As requested, participate in meetings representing HR.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- College Graduate
- Ability to travel to fields frequently
- Remote staff management skills
- Excellent sense of judgment
- At least 2 years’ experience in HR / Administration with other NGOs or Private Organization
- Ability to work simultaneously with multiple tasks, willingness and ability to work efficiently with a wide diverse group of people
- Working ability with tight deadlines and in a fast growing program environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills & problem solving skills
- Very Good spoken and written English & Kurdish and Arabic is desirable.
- Computer literate and Strong organizational skills
- Excellent working knowledge of threat assessment, risk mitigation and ability to work on acceptance strategy at all levels.