The Human Resource Intern is responsible for providing support to the Senior HR Officer for IRC in Duhok. This support will range from Documentation, Transaction procedures, Tracking employee documents, and maintaining all other HR records. This position reports to the Senior HR Officer in the Field.
- Assist to improve current filing system in Human Resources department, this includes but not limited with; organizing personal documents of employees, opening personal files for new hired staff, updating current personal files of employees with the missing documents.
- Introduce chronological filing system (Hard copy & electronic version).
- Scan key HR documents for maintaining electronic version as the backup of mitigating potential risk, as well as for future system automation.
- Scan all Employee files and prepare them for the new HR online system.
- Record daily paper works of employees submitted to HR department, like (but not limited with) leave requests, formal letter, and time sheets.
- Regularly update the personnel records filing system ensuring that information is filed in an orderly and timely manner.
- Track employees probation period date and end of contract dates for HR follow ups.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Payment terms for Human Resources Intern:
The monthly fees for the human Resources Intern worker is 608,000 IQD.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- University studies in Human Resources, Business administration or related field.
- Interest in humanitarian field is preferred.
- Good communication skills.
- The ability to learn, work under pressure and with employees from all levels.
- Strong management, interpersonal and negotiation skills and a demonstrated ability to promote harmonious/cohesive teamwork, in a cross cultural context.
- Very strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Written and Spoken English, Kurdish and Arabic fluency required.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality wherever the incumbent come across sensitive information’s/data.