The HR Assistant is responsible for all daily HR administration tasks in the DRC Mosul office, supported by the Senior HR Officer in Erbil.
- Assist Senior HR Officer in recruitment procedures for Mosul staff.
- Support Senior HR Officer to conduct staff induction sessions, training on Code of Conduct, Confidentiality, Conflict of Interest, etc.
- To handle staff leave requests.
- Monitor, regulate and supervise the daily attendance of employees, assist in proper management of working hours, overtime, annual leave and official holidays.
- Ensure that records of all HR related information (HR database, leaves, and documents for personnel files, including interview records) are sent on timely basis to Erbil office.
- Follow-up on submission of timesheets for all national staff in Mosul office on a monthly basis.
- Updating contact list for Mosul office on regular basis.
- Assist the Senior HR Officer in following up on staff appraisal processes.
- Any other related task assigned by line manager.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Relevant university degree or similar education
- Minimum of 1 year experience in Admin and HR position, experience in the NGO sector is an asset
- Good interpersonal and communications skills with a proven ability to work with a wide range of managers and staff members
- Good attention to detail and ability to work under time pressure
- Strong communication skills both writing and oral
- Excellent interpersonal and team work skills
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, databases)
- Experience in working with international NGOs
- Knowledge of local (labour) laws and regulations
- Analytical Skills
- Planning Skills
- Teamwork Skills
- Initiative (proactive)
- Fluent in spoken and written Arabic, Kurdish and English
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.