Senior HR Officer provides oversight to the management of human resources for Mercy Corps programming in Erbil, Sulaymaniya, Duhok and Derek Officer. Assist in the achievement of MC program objectives with the facilitation of recruitment, retention, remuneration and staff development issues in the Human Resource Development.
- Assist in recruiting processes such as advertisements, CV logging in and shortlisting, setting the interviews, preparing the interview notes and scoring sheets.
- Maintain personnel files and make sure documents are kept in line with the requirements.
- Schedule orientation sessions for the new hired staff in coordination with program and operations department; make sure the orientation matrix is signed and files in each file after the orientation concluded.
- Maintain a tracking system for HR database tracking documents from the personnel files.
- Maintain up-to-date staffing lists by program and department.
- Maintain up-to-date database of probation and annual evaluation tracking list. Send regular reminder to the staff and their supervisors on the deadline of evaluation. Track the process and make sure the paperwork is filed once the process completed.
- Oversee the clearance of terminated employees, as per MC policies and procedures; make sure EoS are signed and in files.
- Ensure that the office is run a professional and responsible manner including hosting guests, receptionist duties and general contact and liaison with outside agencies.
- Responsible for the smooth flowing routine, administrative work of the office and program support operation.
- Responsible for the smooth running of the following office functions: photocopies and mail service, translation service, telephones and faxes.
- Prepare the request for office supplies for Derek office and submit it accordingly to the procurement department.
- Responsible for basic procurement and human resources responsibilities as guided by the Head of office or the operation manager.
- Translation of any documentation as required by the operations of program staff.
- Responsible for preparing ID cards for all staff, ID cards are worn by all MC staff when on official business or on MC property.
- Managing Mercy corps rented properties including: leases and legal agreements, inventory and assets and maintenance of properties.
- Maintain an up to date file of all leases, including inventory lists, copies of deeds, rental payments and other documented related to rent facilities .maintain a spreadsheet of details for all leases.
- Negotiate with landlords, as needed, for repairs and permissions for maintenance and improvements.
- Updating staff contact list on periodic basis once any changes occur and sharing it with entire staff.
19. Purchase process for purchasing for office supplies and other items needed for the office and other apartments.
20. Run errands for office needs around the town as requested by the team leader or operations manager.
21. Assist in the collection of monthly timesheets and submitting them to the senior Human Resources Officer.
22. Assist in filling documents for Operational Department and having proper filling system.
23. Assist in workshop, training and meeting preparation which includes material preparation, copying, supplies purchase.
24. Maintain confidentiality of all national staff personnel issues including disciplinary procedures and contracts/ pay rates.
25. Must have a clear understanding on all MC policies and program needs, must be able to help facilitate trainings to all support staff to ensure the smooth, uninterrupted implementation of all MC programs.
26. Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
27. Other duties as assigned.