To ensure the work of the Forensic department is managed efficiently and effectively in line with an established guidelines. You will need to be an enthusiastic, flexible, committed, and a resourceful colleague who can support Forensic Coordinator. The successful candidate will need to deliver to a high standard, be resilient and have a positive “can do” attitude.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent will undertake the following responsibilities under the direct supervision of the ICRC Regional Forensic Coordinator in Iraq:
- Provides administrative assistance to Forensic Coordinator (logistic orders, filing, etc.)
- Carries out standard verbal and written translations from English into Kurdish and/or Arabic
- Performs various office duties on the computer
- Drafts and types correspondence in English from and into national language Kurdish and /or Arabic independently
- Reviews/checks translations/ correspondence and performs editing tasks
- Plans and organizes field trips, external consultants on mission in Erbil, courses,training
- Ensures follow up and updates of specific files independently
- Supports and assist Forensic Coordinator during meetings and field trips
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- University degree or professional diploma (Administrative, Public Health)
- 3 – 5 years’ work experience in a medicolegal or health administrative field is desirable
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English, Kurdish and Arabic
- Very good computer skills
- Good communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Very good organizational skills
- Capacity to adhere to and implement process
- Experience in communicating and working with a wide range of people, including people of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Ability to draft clearly and concisely
- Demonstrated gender awareness and gender sensitivity;
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds;
- Ability to work under pressure
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility and drive for results;
- Proficiency in Office applications, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Explorer.
- Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems and actively shares relevant information.
- Sets clear and achievable goals consist with agreed priorities for self and others.
- Identifies priority activities and assignments for self and others
- Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress
- Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity