View more 7 years ago
INSO Iraq is seeking a full-time Finance Manager to work in INSO’s office in Erbil. The Finance Manager will work closely with the Country Administration Manager in fulfilling all financial activities of INSO Iraq. This position will report to Country Administration Manager.
- Review payment requests and all supporting documents to ensure that they adhere to INSO and Donor specific, Finance and Procurement Procedures.
- Posting of all payments and financial transactions to QuickBooks.
- Provide timely monthly accounting reports to management including Income and Expenditure.
- Updating of INSO’s Budget Variance Analysis (BVA) to ensure that expenditure is tracked against programme budgets.
- Provide training to budget holders and field staff to ensure that budgets are properly understood and managed.
- Mentor and review to work INSO Finance Assistant and field based finance and admin staff.
- Prepare monthly Cash Transfer Request to be submitted to INSO International Support Office.
- Prepare Monthly Payroll.
- Reconciliation of bank balances and cash to financial records.
- Accurately posting and reconciling of all prepaid and accrued expenses.
- Preparation of Donor Financial Reports.
- Lead preparation for all annual, ad hoc and donor audits. Reviewing and addressing questions of concern from auditors.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English as well as either Arabic or Kurdish.
- Experience in the use of computerised accounting packages and in the preparation of accounting journals.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Graduate level of education in accounting or finance.
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant post graduation work experience.
- As solid understanding of accounting principles including prepayments and accruals.
- Strong work ethic and flexible approach to managing and prioritizing a high workload and multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
- Comfortable working in a multicultural environment.
- Relevant experience working with a NGO or UN body.
- Experience in using QuickBooks Accounting Software