Cashier/Finance Assistant is responsible for cash management, handling incoming and outgoing financial transaction. This includes keeping approved documentation (Receipts, Bank transactions, Vouchers, etc…), recording transactions according to SCI guidelines, Assist in producing monthly reports and handling petty cash at each location.
Check bills, invoices before payment to ensure the complete documents, approval with clear and specific charging notes; and ensure whether or not the policies, procedures and guidelines including specific grant/ donor requirements are followed.
- Prepare payment vouchers- PVA, checks for payment; prepare CR and general journal vouchers- GJ on daily basis.
- Provide cash advances to program and admin staff and working to settle procurement training and travel expenses. Ensure proper budget coding approvals from the authorized persons and deliver the checks to concerned parties on timely basis.
- Responsible for bookkeeping and ensure all transactions have been booked on FMS-Agresso. Keep the confidentially of financial information including budget, bank balance and cash payments.
- Prepare daily cash count to ensure the cash balance is accurate and providing daily report to finance officer.
- Prepare bank reconciliations to ensure the balances are accurate and all the payments in the bank statements are accounted for.
- Assist in preparation of monthly salary payroll for SCI staff, salary charging sheets including tax and social security.
- Maintain finance documents in an orderly and secure manner.
- Assist during year end as well as grant specific audits.
- Any other related tasks as requested by supervisor.
- Assist in preparation of monthly BVAs.
- Assist in preparation of donor reports.
Emergency preparedness and response
- In case of emergency
- College graduates/studies related to Accounting or any other similar
- Recommended 1+ years of relevant work experience.
- Good sense of responsibility.
- Excellent organizational & communications skills
- Good proficiency in spoken and written English
- Good computer skills especially in spreadsheet & data analysis (excel & access) and familiarity with accounting software is preferred.
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with incoming teams in the event of major emergencies
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches