View more 5 years ago
The incumbent will undertake the following responsibilities under the direct supervision of the ICRC Tracing Assistant North in Erbil:
- Define and formulate the action and operational strategy of ICRC programs in Iraq by:
- Assists the delegates and Tracing Assistant in running field activities for specific sectors
- Maintains contacts with authorities at municipal degree, local Red Cross Branches, population, suppliers, etc. under supervision
- Presents the ICRC principles, mandate and activities to interlocutors and beneficiaries
- Plans and organizes field trips.
- Interview and calls families have missing or arrested persons related to the conflicts in Iraq and Kurdistan Region.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- University degree or professional diploma
- 3 – 5 years work experience in a similar field
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English, Kurdish and Arabic
- Good computer skills
- Good knowledge of geographically assigned environment
- Good analytical skills
- Experience in communicating and working with a wide range of people, including people of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills;
- ability to draft clearly and concisely;
- demonstrated gender awareness and gender sensitivity;
- ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds;
- ability to work under pressure
- personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility and drive for results;
- Proficiency in Office applications, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Explorer.
- Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems and actively shares relevant information.
- Sets clear and achievable goals consist with agreed priorities for self and others.
- Delivering at Pace, Collaborating, Making Effective Decisions
- Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
- Delegates tasks and responsibilities as appropriate
- Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
- Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills