View more 5 years ago
- Main objective: The Education Field Activities Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Project Manager Education and Education officers in the organization and implementation of all the tasks related to the education project which foresees several types of activities such as trainings for teachers, PTAs and education personnel, distribution of education materials, informal activities for IDPs children, installation of TLS and mobile school units.
The Field Activities Coordinator will be responsible of the correct implementation of project’s activities on the field, ensuring the achievement of the expected results. He/she will be responsible for the management of the educational staff, ensuring an active involvement of pupils and community.
- Support Education Project Manager in the implementation of the education projects.
- Ensure timely and effective implementation of activities.
- Facilitate and supervise implementation of informal activities, catch-up classes, recreational activities and implementation of vocational training activities.
- Organize trainings, workshops and awareness raise campaigns on Education in coordination with the Education Officer and PM.
- Organize and conduct Focus Group Discussions with Teachers, PTAs, Community representative and children.
- Assess the potential of the community to establish a community-based support system for the vulnerable cases.
- Ensure monitoring of project activities, including field missions.
- Develop and supervise need assessment activities related to education in coordination with partners, coordinating team made by Social worker and Community mobilizer.
- Collect relevant education data and information on conditions of schools, TLS and barriers to education.
- Is responsible for ensuring that INTERSOS has up-to-date records of children involved, vulnerabilities and protection monitoring.
- Plan and arrange transportation and distribution of educational materials in synergy with Education Officer, logisticians under the supervision of PM.
- Collaborate in the procurement of supplies and general items needed for the implementation of the project, following INTERSOS procedures.
- Collect on a daily basis relevant information and data on the status of the education activities to be shared with the Education Officer and PM.
- Write periodical reports, data comparison, needs and problems faced during the implementation of the project.
- Support and work in close coordination with the Education Officer and PM to compile weekly and monthly reports on the activities implemented, providing the related data and information
- Gather means of verification related to educational activities to be implemented.
- Work in close coordination with agencies and local authorities and to participate in coordination meetings.
- Redact minutes of meetings and to support the PM in strengthening the local network.
- Liaise with teachers and learners to assess the quality of the education services provided.
- Propose new activities according to identified needs and suggest solutions for problems encountered with activities.
- Contribute to the identification of new opportunities for Education projects.
- Translate documents from Arabic and or Kurdish to English;
- Any other duties not listed above and necessary for the implementation of the activities.
- Previous experience with INGOs required.
- Previous experience in developing need assessment.
- Knowledge of key issues of Education in Emergency
- Experience in supervision and coordination of education teams.
- Previous experience in implementing recreational activities, entertainment and cultural initiatives highly desirable.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Ability and willingness to travel across the assigned project areas at short notice and spend extendedperiods with communities.
- Strong diplomatic, interpersonal, listening and communication skills.
- Basic IT knowledge and skills.
- Fluency in Arabic is MANDATORY; English.