- Uphold the humanitarian principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and independence.
- Respect the Medair values at all times, both within and outside of working hours.
- Know, understand, and comply with Medair internal policies and procedures.
- Adhere to Medair Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) Handbook and regulations.
- Be prepared to work in Kirkuk and Salah-al-Din Governorates and to relocate at short notice.
- Work closely with all members of the ER health team to provide the highest possible quality of care.
- Treat all patients and their relatives with respect and dignity.
- Maintain confidentiality for all patients.
- Register and check vital signs of all patients attending clinic and triage according to seriousness of condition.
- Identify and inform the Doctors of critically ill patients in need of immediate care.
- Screen all children aged 6 months to 5 years of age and pregnant and lactating women for malnutrition.
- Identify all children and pregnant women who need immunisations and refer according to clinic protocols.
- Assist Doctors with provision of reproductive healthcare services such as antenatal clinic and family planning.
- Perform general nursing duties such as monitoring of patient vital signs, wound care and dressings, insertion of cannulas, administration of iv fluids and injections, administration of Nebulisers as prescribed by Doctors in Mobile Medical team.
- Follow universal precautions, strict hygiene and proper management of all clinical waste according to guidelines given and ensure working area is clean at all times.
- Perform basic laboratory tests as requested by the Doctors. Training will be given as needed.
- Provide patients with education on prevention of illness, proper nutrition, and good hygiene practices.
- Ensure all instruments and medical equipment are cleaned and/or sterilised according to guidelines.
- Assist with reasonable additional duties after appropriate training and as requested by ER Health Manager or Health Project Officer.
- Ensure that the ER MMU Pharmacist and/or HM and logistics team is notified of any needs regarding medications, supplies and equipment in the clinic.
- Comply with Medair regulations for any financial procedures carried out
Communication and Coordination
- Attend internal Medair meetings as scheduled and represent Medair at external meetings if requested by the ER health management team.
Staff Safety and Security
- Ensure personal understanding of Medair Standard Operating Procedures and Contingency Plans as documented in the Medair Iraq Security Plan.
- Comply with Medair security procedures at all times, remaining aware of the security situation in office and clinic locations at all times.
- Report any security incidents or concerns to the Medair Security Focal Point.
- Report any issues regarding workplace practices to appropriate ER Manager.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- At least three years of post-qualification work experience
- Fluent Arabic and Kurdish
- Basic knowledge of email, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Able to solve problems independently
- Passionate about serving those in need, no matter the ethnic background
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Experience of working in a diverse team with different cultures, backgrounds, and beliefs
- Willing and able to work under pressure, in challenging situations, with security risks, and to manage personal stress levels
- Ready to work in Ninewa Governorate
- Able to adapt communication strategies for different situations
- Good organisational and time management skills
- According to Medair standard salary scale