In response to the influx and movement of IDPs in Iraq, the IRC provides emergency multi-purpose cash assistance (MPCA) and income and livelihoods support to vulnerable IDPs and Syrian refugees and host communities, through its Economic Recovery and Development (ERD) Program. The objective of the program is life-saving response to meet urgent basic needs of IDPs and host communities in neglected areas of Iraq; this is expected to ultimately lessen the use of negative coping strategies for survival. Interventions include unconditional cash assistance, financial management training and business grants. The main target groups are newly arrived IDPs, Syrian refugees, as well as acutely vulnerable host families.
Through the economic recovery and development activities in a number of Iraqi governorates, the IRC aims to ensure that extremely vulnerable conflict-affected displaced populations (IDPs, returnees, host community) in Iraq are better able to meet their critical basic needs, through supporting the population with necessary life-saving assistance, with primary focus on delivering multi-purpose cash assistance.
Brief description of the position’s role within the Project(s): As a key member of the ERD team, the ERD Officer will carry out the beneficiary identification and registration process, set up and carry out the distribution, post-distribution monitoring ensuring strong community involvement and participation in the project. The ERD officer will also carry out the initial assessment/ mapping of markets and vendors in proximity to IDPs hosting areas.
- Carry out community mobilization, beneficiary selection and registration process timely, transparently, anticipatorily and dignified manner in accordance with program guidelines and IRC policies and code of conduct.
- Developing distribution plans for effective ERD activities with required documentation.
- Carry out outreach efforts and selection of beneficiaries as per criteria. Work with local representatives and figures to ensure the program is well understood by the community and is in line with local expectations and requirements.
This position reports to: This position reports to the Sr ERD Officer
- Apply technical knowledge and skills to implement and/or assist in community delivery of program activities
- Promptly identify and recommend solutions to technical issues
- Monitor progress against program work plan; promptly identifying any current or potential delays
- Prepare Purchase Requests for program supplies/activities and undertake field procurement as designated and authorized
- Mobilize IDPs and host communities to understand the project objectives.
- Carry out transparent beneficiary selection in close coordination with other team members, local authorities, communities, IDPs and other Humanitarian agencies working in the area.
- Prepare and share beneficiary list and registration form with relevant project staff prior to the distribution.
- Develop timely vouchers distribution plan in close coordination with supervisor and relevant SC and finance staff.
- Organize the ERD activities including area selection, site preparation, and verification of registration status, advance information to beneficiaries and relevant internal departments and external stakeholders, distribution, stocking, security and the handling of complaints.
- Work with local representatives and figures to ensure the program is well understood by the community and is in line with local donor compliances and requirements.
- Carry out post distribution monitoring of all distributed items as scheduled in the work plan.
- Monitoring of selected vendors during voucher redemption process
- Conduct market price monitoring
- Facilitate orientation to vendors/ Hawala on IRC standard procedures, compliances, and documentation.
- Participate and actively contribute to rapid need assessments in the area.
- Fully comply with IRC safety and security procedures and provide input to security monitoring and assessments to enable and promote a safe and secure environment for program implementation
Grant Monitoring & Reporting
- Keep record of all required documents related to ERD program, beneficiary selection, distribution and post-distribution monitoring.
- Update accurately and share with supervisor beneficiary tracking sheet soon after each distribution carried out.
- Support compilation and preparation of post distribution monitoring reports.
- Participate in monitoring and evolution activities directly or by providing feedback to the monitoring and evaluation team.
Coordination & Representation
- Work collaboratively with IRC logistics and finance staff as required to process Purchase Requests and Payment Vouchers.
- As requested undertake/participate in liaison, coordination, and information sharing activities with national/ international NGOs.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs
- Ninewa governorate.
- All IRC staff are required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Bachelor degree.
- Minimum one-year professional experience in emergency programming in a role related distribution, logistics or community outreach is required.
- Proven abilities to work with host and IDP / refugee communities.
- INGO experience highly preferred
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, strong community outreach skills, detail oriented, honest, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Fluency in Arabic is essential. Spoken and written English is required.
- Belief in human rights including gender equality.
- Motivated, dynamic; able and willing to take initiatives.