As a key member of the ERD program, the ERD activities will carry out the beneficiary identification and registration process, set up and carry out the distribution, post-distribution monitoring ensuring strong community involvement and participation in the project.
- Carry out community mobilization, beneficiary selection and registration process timely, transparently, anticipatorily and dignified manner in accordance with program guidelines and IRC policies and code of conduct.
- Support ERD Officer to distribution plans for effective ERD cash disbursement with required documentation.
- Carry out outreach efforts and ensure local buy – in.
- Work with local representatives and figures to ensure the program is well understood by the community and is in line with local expectations and requirements.
This position reports to: This position reports to the ERD program
- Carry out mobilization activities with IDPs and host communities to ensure they understand the project objectives and activities.
- Support ERD Officer to carry out transparent beneficiary selection in close coordination with other team members, local authorities, communities, IDPs and other Humanitarian agencies working in the area.
- Support preparation of beneficiary list and registration form with relevant project staff prior to the distribution.
- Carry out beneficiary verification in the field to ensure most vulnerable beneficiaries receive the IRC support.
- Support organizing the activities of ERD program including site selection, site preparation, distribution plan, stock management, documentation etc.
- Actively work in distribution sites to implement ERD activities, crowd control, and registration and to ensure to security of IRC properties.
- Prepare and update all necessary documents on daily basis without delay.
- If assigned, supervise volunteers on site.
- Data collection of post distribution monitoring for all distributed i
- Participate and actively contribute to rapid need assessments in the area.
- Fully comply with IRC safety and security procedures and provide input to security monitoring and assessments to enable and promote a safe and secure environment for program implementation
Grant Monitoring & Reporting (please tailor the below to the monitoring requirements/tools/timelines mentioned in the specific STEP project(s) proposal.)
- Support for recording all required documents related to ERD procurement, beneficiary selection, distribution and post distribution monitoring.
- Support ERD Officer to update beneficiary tracking sheet soon after each distribution carried out.
- Support compilation and preparation of post distribution monitoring reports.
- Participate in monitoring and evolution activities directly or by providing feedback to the monitoring and evaluation team.
- All IRC staff are required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Experience in humanitarian sector/development sector.
- Community mobilization experience is required.
- Experience working with IDPs / refugees – highly preferred.
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, strong community outreach skills, detail oriented, honest, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Fluency in Arabic is essential. Basic proficiency in spoken and written English is highly preferred.