- Organise and carry out care and treatments according to doctor’s prescription and internationally recognized and standardized protocols like MSF protocols which have been approved/ agreed with the management of the hospital.
- Observe that nursing care and treatment is carried out in accordance with instructions and identify staff development needs. Organize training sessions for nursing staff with the help of Expat Nurse.
- Apply and advocate for aspects of patient based approach, including patient confidentiality and privacy, pain control, providing informed consent and explanation to patient/care takers
- Assist in implementing changes made by MSF team, including trauma room and restocking of crash trolley
- Inspect rooms and wards for cleanliness and comfort and encourage that relevant staff have performed safety checks of bed areas.
- Ensure the surveillance of the patient, monitor vital signs and inform the doctor if the condition is worsening.
- Monitor that the use of diagnostic services are correct and ensure an effective use of resources.
- In case of emergency, carry out first aid treatment and to assist in patient flow management to prevent overcrowding
- Promote aseptic rules and medical hygiene, including hand disinfection and correct waste management.
- Assist Nurse Supervisor in HR related tasks such as managing rosters and allocate staff to relevant areas
- Follow hospital or MSF guidelines for controlled drugs
- Work in collaboration with doctors and nursing teams
- Ensure that patients arriving to the trauma bay receive immediate medical care
- Participate if needed in resuscitation efforts for patients in the trauma bay, according to international protocols including ACLS and ATLS.
- Be ready to take the leading role in the resuscitation efforts if needed, or coordinate with the person in the leading position
Trauma Stabilisation Post (TSP):
- Able to work in a Trauma Stabilisation Post established by MSF, which will be located at entry points close to frontlines during Hawija offensive
- Able to work in 12 hour shifts and overnight shifts in TSP
- Provide first aid and stabilization of patients
- Apply ATLS and other international guidelines provided by MSF during acute patient management
- Ensure that staff in TSP correctly follows a triage system to identify patients who need prioritized management
- Assist or coordinate a Mass Casualty response in case of mass influx of war wounded
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Nurse degree/diploma recognised by National Authorities
- Fluent in English
- Planning capabilities, organizational skills, problem solving
- Advanced use of MS office (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Management skills, delegation skills
- Team player