All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability, adhering to NRC policies, guidance and procedures. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
1. Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the Enumerator is to support the Programmes to collect data from field for surveys, post implementation monitoring and post distribution monitoring, etc.
Generic responsibilities (max 10)
1. Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
2. Primary data collection through field visits and phone interviews with beneficiaries and communities through HH survey, focus group discussions (FGDs), key informants interview (KII). FGDs and KIIs with various stakeholders.
3. Data entry of the collected data on a daily basis, if applicable.
4. Review and clean of data (as required)
5. Prepare periodic monitoring reports (as required)
6. Perform any other task given by M&E Officer and/or M&E Coordinator related to field based data collection including field data verification.
- Coordinate and plan data collection jointly with M&E Officers
- Support in developing data collection methodology and tools, and in actual data collection, as needed
- Attend trainings on methodology, approach, data collection tools, and measures Participate in FGD and KII briefing and debriefings as per instructions
- Follow through with FGD and KII protocol for data collection, as per training and pilot sessions
- Ensure that the assigned data collection areas/ beneficiaries are covered within the timeline.
- Submit completed data including FGD and KII note taking sheets on a daily basis, if not possible
- Promptly communicate the status for data collection and challenges faced in data collection on a daily basis.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative field monitoring and verification of project implementation
- Ensure that monitoring data are reported on a timely manner to relevant program and managerial staff
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by M&E Officer and/or M&E Coordinator
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- M&E Officer
- M&E Coordinator
- Area Manager
- Project Coordinators and field teams
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results.
- Relevant experience in social and community engagement activities (data collection and community consultations).
- At least 1-2 years of experience in an international NGO preferably in an emergency or post-conflict setting, including field based data collection experience. Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Fluent in Kurdish, Arabic and English
- Computer skills, especially Word and EXCEL
- Experience as a research assistance and data collection
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
University degree in social sciences, economic, statistics, psychosocial or related field.