The Education Officer will be responsible of assisting the Education Coordinator and the Project Manager in the daily monitoring and evaluation of the quality and effectiveness of the education-related field activities. S/he will be responsible of the mapping of education services available in the areas of operation, ensuring and developing internal and external coordination mechanisms and active involvement of community, with special attention to children and youth out of school.
- In close cooperation with Education Coordinator and the Local Implementing Partner, supervise the design and implementation of education-related activities;
- Facilitate and provide technical guidance for the planning, design, content and approach of informal education activities through teachers and staff coordination and capacity building.
- In collaboration with Field Activities Coordinator, assess the potential of the community to establish a community-based support system for vulnerable children.
- Liaise and keep good relations with Local Implementing partner, local/national authorities and other actors as needed to facilitate achievement of project objectives;
- Support elaboration and ensure implementation of M&E tools and mechanisms.
- In close cooperation with Education Coordinator, identify education gaps and interventions;
- Support the Education Coordinator in the organization/implementation of workshops and trainings;
- Prepare work plans and supervise the progress and impact of education activities;
- Facilitate, collect and report information regarding the overall situation of the education in project locations with specific attention paid to IDPs;
- Write periodical reports, using official templates, including needs and problems faced;
- Proactively participate in education related meetings when needed;
- Perform any other task assigned by the Project manager and/or Education Coordinator to support and improve the project/mission.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- A minimum Bachelor degree in social work, pedagogy or other related field of studies.
- Proven experience of collaborating with a range of external organizations – CBOs, CSOs, international NGOs, private sector organizations / local government bodies (working in the education sector is an asset).
- Proven knowledge of the area of intervention
- Confident with participatory approach and inclusive education.
- Strong organizational, diplomatic and communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish working relations with target communities and project staff.
- Good knowledge and skills in computer usage including Word, Excel.
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both oral and written, is MANDATORY.