To support the delivery of Education in Emergencies standards and best practice and lessons learned by helping design program monitoring systems, building the capacity of staff in data collection, managing an attendance database and coordinating information management and reporting systems.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Minimum 1 year experience in Information management or database support
- Direct experience in education information management desired
- University Degree in IT or Computer based topics
- Knowledge of excel and database systems
- Ability to develop and manage databases as necessary
- Ability to collect information in the field relevant to quality and quanity reviews of Education programmes
- Experience leading Focus Groups and other data collection
- Strong ability in English and Arabic
- Cultural sensitivity and tact
- Demonstrated 6 months of overall experience; and a minimum of 1 year of specific sector experience
- Good computer knowledge
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to travel internally in Iraq
- Prior experience managing education based data
- Prior experience with Information Management
- Prior experience working in a Humanitarian context