To ensure the work of Economic Security (ECOSEC) department is managed efficiently and effectively in line with an established guidelines. You will need to be an enthusiastic, flexible, committed, and a resourceful colleague who can support the Manager to lead the team. The successful candidate will need to deliver to a high standard, be resilient and have a positive “can do” attitude.
- Assists the EcoSec delegate in running field activities for the livelihood support
programs (LSP) in Northern Iraq in general and more particularly in Kirkuk
- Maintains contacts with local authorities and other external interlocutors at various levels in liaison with the EcoSec delegate.
- Presents the ICRC principals, mandate and activities to interlocutors and beneficiaries.
- Collects and analyzes relevant information related to the livelihood and economic security situation of the local population and vulnerable groups according to the set criteria of the projects.
- Actively participates in all the phases of the EcoSec LSP projects in ICRC Kirkuk Area of Responsibility (AoR): designing, planning, distribution, monitoring, impact evaluation and reporting, in accordance with EcoSec department Standard Operational Procedures.
- Plans and organizes field trips
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Bachelor Degree (Agriculture)
- 3 – 5 Years work experience in a similar field
- good knowledge of written and spoken English
- good computer skills
- Good knowledge of the geographically assigned environment International Committee of the Red Cross.
- Good analytical skills
- Good team player
- Experience in communicating and working with a wide range of people.
- good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- ability to draft clearly and concisely.
- demonstrated gender awareness and gender sensitivity.
- ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- ability to work under pressure.
- personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility and drive for results.
- Proficiency in Office applications, including Word, Excel, Explorer.