Under the supervision of the Logistic department, the Driver is responsible for Transportation of ACTED staff and use of vehicle and other assets given to him appropriately.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
The Driver has to:
- Report immediately any technical failure of vehicle to Transport focal point in Logistic department;
- Keep the vehicle clean and always in good condition;
- Undertake a check and control of the vehicle on daily basis before start the engine;
- Update regularly the log-book for each trip (km start – km stop – hour departure time – hour arrival to destination, etc.) ; Keep your logbook clean and without many written error/mistakes;
- Report any defect of vehicle to the Logistic Officer without delays;
- Take care the safety and security of the passengers and make sure the seat belts are fasten both driver and passenger(s) while seated;
- Keep the speed limit of 40 km/h in cities and 100 km/h while out of cities on highways; respects traffic speed limits/rules while driving inside cities.
- Check regularly the “first aid kits” and fire extinguishers inside the vehicle and report any problem to line manager;
- Load and unload the vehicle; properly and place items inside vehicle with care and safety measurement;
- Check and take care the tools, the tool-box and other materials of the vehicle;
- Check the spare tire of the vehicle is in good condition and not FLAT;
- Check the fuel delivered and the fuel consumption;
- If on long mission, ensure to have enough fuel, additional spare tires and tools