Performing the tasks of transporting authorized goods and passengers in an MSF vehicle, ensuring its technical and safety conditions and respecting the country’s traffic rules and MSF security rules, in order to provide a safe, smooth and efficient service.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Checking daily, the technical conditions of the assigned vehicle (state of the tires, oil, fuel, brakes, radio equipment, spare parts, etc.), performing weekly check according to the MSF Logbook, refilling it when necessary, and keeping it clean to ensure it can be driven in perfect conditions. Carrying out a hand over if another uses the vehicle
- Ensuring the security of passengers in the vehicle, driving carefully, observing speed limits and traffic rules in the country as well as MSF security rules, in order to avoid car accidents.
- Ensuring all passengers have all necessary papers in order before travelling, and ensuring non MSF staff sign disclaimers of responsibility before using the vehicle
- Ensuring correct loading and unloading of the vehicle, submitting the documents to the receiver of the goods, checking the status of delivered goods, returning the duly completed documents to Logistics and ensuring that the goods have the necessary documents
- Ensuring that all vehicle documents and the driver’s driving license are valid and in the vehicle.
- Informing the line manager of any incident involving the transportation of passengers and/or goods.
- Knowing how to use all types of radios, codes, call numbers and radio alphabets by heart and communicating with base according to MSF communications policy to inform the driver’s position and any potential implications.
- Knowing and respecting the security rules related to vehicle movements, specifically those related to customs, checkpoints and roadblocks. Ensuring all passengers know and respect the security rules.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Working place in Al-Musayab, with possibility of driving in other governorates.
- Essential literacy and driving license. Good knowledge of country roads Literacy mandatory.
- Essential 2 years minimum of previous driving experience
- Desirable experience with specific vehicles to use (4×4, boats, motorbikes, etc.)
- Desirable experience in MSF or other NGOs
- Desirable knowledge of basic mechanics
- Fluency both in Arabic and English required.
- Willing to work for a humanitarian, international organization.
- Flexible, able to work in a team.