The Distribution Assistant will support the organizing, conducting and evaluation distributions in Ninewa Governorate, Iraq in accordance with SCI and donor guidelines and procedures. This includes preparation at distribution sites and liaising with all stakeholders i.e. beneficiaries, volunteers and community leaders. He/she needs to be ready to be deployed with short notice in order to support SC distributions in difficult and insecure areas.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- University or College Graduate.
- Willingness and ability to work long and flexible hours in difficult areas.
- Ability to work with multiple tasks and under time pressure in a fast growing program environment and manage time effectively
- Willingness and ability to work efficiently with a wide diverse group of people
- Cultural sensitivity and tact
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
Experience and skills
- 1 years of relevant experience; experience in difficult areas is considered desirable
- Good language and communication skills
- Calm, organized and decisive manner
- Good reporting skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills & problem solving skills
- Good oral and written English/Arabic