The Deputy Project Manager for health will be responsible of ensuring the effective, safe and timely implementation of mobile primary health care activities in non-camp IDP locations of Dohuk and Ninawa Governorates.
- Ensure medical consultations and nursing duties organization, including: triage, dressings, injections, laboratory tests and distribution of drugs are done according to protocols, precautions, hygiene standards and doctor’ prescriptions
- Ensure mental health consultations and psychosocial activities (group therapies) in compliance with IASC guidelines
- Supervise the health officer
- Be available for any emergency
- Support the Health officer in its daily work, tasking him the direct management of the TLs
- Ensure that all patient needs as well as needs of their relatives are treated equally with respect of ethical and confidentiality issues.
- Ensure Team Leader Doctors are trained and aware of their responsibilities
- As overall technical supervisor, ensure medical waste is disposed properly by teams
Drugs and medical equipment:
- Ensure that the medical teams are properly supplied in equipment, consumables and drugs for the consultations
- Ensure that expiry dates of drugs are checked.
- Ensure that drugs and consumables storage respect standard rules (hygiene, notification, stock cards…).
- Ensure that the medical equipment is clean and sterilized according to protocols.
- Ensure that the work place is clean.
- Ensure sufficient supplies for all the teams are available by preparing purchase requests and orders in collaboration with the Project Manager and coordinate local supplies with the logistics department.
Team management and training
- Manage the recruitment process for new team members in collaboration with the PM.
- Write or amend job descriptions as needed.
- Ensure the respect of PUI rules and inform the project manager of any disrespect of the rules.
- Participate in the regular evaluation of team medical and non-medical staff in collaboration with the project manager.
- Supervise monthly planning, staff schedules, annual leave and attendance sheets in accordance with HR procedures.
- Ensure effective collaboration within the teams and between the MHT and MMHT teams.
- Facilitate trainings to the medical and non-medical team members assessing the level of knowledge after the trainings.
Reporting, monitoring and follow up
- Supervise data collection on all medical and non-medical activities, including epidemiological data and ensure indicators are followed properly.
- Ensure security context follow-up in program-targeted areas
- Participate in the budget follow-up with the project manager and make sure budget lines are spent properly.
- Report on a weekly basis on the activities and assist the project manager in writing any other reports as may be required.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Valid medical diploma (nurse or doctor)
- At least 2 years at a relevant managerial position in the medical field compulsory (Hospital, Private pharmacy, NGO…).
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and autonomy
- Team management skills
- Knowledge of project management including budget follow-up
- Advanced computer skills, notably Excel
- Kurdish (Badini) ,Arabic & English : Very good
- Pack Office: Very good
- Excel: very good
- Medical doctor diploma
- Knowledge of humanitarian standards
- Knowledge of humanitarian methodologies
- Practice in humanitarian context
- Management of a health structure an asset
- Ability to work in unstable circumstances
- Good knowledge of humanitarian principles