Under the overall responsibilities of the Camp Manager, the Deputy Camp Manager is responsible of the following:
- Under the supervision of the Camp manager, lead field team activities including the planning and implementation of activities.
- Liaise with government representatives, UN agencies, international/national NGOs and beneficiaries in order to foster coordination and build trust among all stakeholders in the camp.
- Maintain excellent relationships with local authorities, IDP community members and host community leaders in order to ensure smooth communication, activity implementation, and community outreach.
- Establish or support existing site IDP representative/site managers in developing basic site management tools and methodologies, including the facilitation of stakeholder meetings and minute taking as needed
- Support the Camp Manager in performing site assessments, service mapping and stakeholder mapping; including documentation.
- Support the Camp Manager if translation as necessary
- Monitor service delivery, identify gaps and duplications; document and transmit service requests/referrals to relevant service providers.
- Coordinate with all relevant service providers (international or national) as necessary to ensure that delivery of basic needs is addressed and minimal standards are respected.
- Assist with all procurements and logistical arrangements associated with the field team in camp
- Assist in organising the equitable and effective distribution of material in camp.
- Disseminate critical IDP/assistance related information and provide awareness-raising as necessary, in coordination with other service providers.
- Support and assist in the creation of a complaints feedback mechanism in camp
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Completion of university degree in social sciences, humanities, business administration
- Minimum two years of experience in international and/or local NGO; ideally involved in the direct implementation of field level humanitarian assistance to refugees or IDPs.
- Experience in community services, women empowerment, youth activities, protection, distribution or registration.
- Experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities, and UN organizations.
- Experience working in an IDP camp setting is required
Essential knowledge and skills:
- Extensive knowledge of Iraqi displacement context.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-playing skills.
- Highly flexible, with the ability to use initiative.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
- Commitment to promoting gender equality.
- Sphere standards
- University diploma or degree is a requirement.
- Proficiency in English and Arabic, both oral and written.
- Managerial experience, including leading/supervising subordinate staff, organizing activities and report writing.
- Experience in training and capacity-building of staff.
- Experience in CCCM, including Introduction to CCCM Training.
- Preferable experience operating in a refugee/IDP camp environment.
- Knowledge of logistics and procurement processes.