Introduce the project to stakeholders and beneficiaries which include but not limited to relevant DOEs, school management, Parents, Community leaders, NGO’s, and Teachers, Directorate of Education and Social labor and students to make sure they all understand all the project components.
• Conduct Focus Group meetings with different community members as needed to gather relevant information.
• Coordinate with schools and community members to engage in program activities.
• Collect school based information as necessary.
• Ensure that beneficiaries are keeping records of their activities.
• Work with schools to ensure that they hold meetings and workshops to raise the participants’ awareness.
• Support General Assembly Meetings and trainings of the PTAs in their roles and responsibilities.
• Train parents on topics designed by IRC, such as hygiene promotion, and importance of education.
• Provide logistical support to Education Officers for Teacher Professional development activities.
• Supporting the Education officer in conducting the baseline & Endline surveys with beneficiaries.
• Facilitate the provision of materials to the schools.
• Coordinate activities with the relevant DoEs to ensure they are engaged in project activities.
• Collect monitoring data of project activities, visiting project sites regularly, and reporting data on the activities, as requested.
• Additional tasks as required.
• Conduct advocacy within the community and with other Education actors with the support and guidance of IRC.
• Submit her\his timesheet monthly, with actual working hours indicated.
• Show respect for the views of teachers and students and promote their participation in decision-making on issues that affect their studying.
• Complete bi-weekly reports about his / her activities, and meet with the Education Senior Officer on a monthly basis to discuss issues identified.
• Supporting CYPD office work (Logistic & Admin support).
• Supporting the Children committees activities in the targeted schools.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
• Related field High school degree, university degree will be preferable.
• Knowledge of working with NGOs and experience in the field.
• Two years’ work experience in the field with NGOs or in Education sector.
• Fluent in spoken and written Kurdish and Arabic languages and good level of English language is required just for reading and understanding.
• Very Good computer skills (Microsoft office, word, excel).
• Strong sense of personal integrity.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Team spirit and problem solving abilities.