View more 6 years ago
- Perform counseling and/or education sessions to patients, following different medical and mental health MSF protocols and procedures, in order to improve their pychosocial condition.
- Identify the psychosocial, socio-economic and administrative needs for patients
- Actively promote the availability of counselling services and carry out, individual or in group counseling, basic psycho educational sessions, to patients, their families (when needed), in order to alleviate their psychosocial difficulties within the project scope.
- Refer patients to other specialists or other institutions for further assistance, when necessary in order to propose the best support available.
- Participate in the creation of any material needed for counseling activities and look after it,
- Keep files and statistics of daily activities and participate in team meetings to share experiences and discuss special cases with other counselors, preserving confidentiality
- Inform line manager of any problem of any kind arising during the day-to-day activities.
- Take active part in trainings, supervisions/intervisions and support the activities manager when necessary in doing sensitization for MSF staff or external partners about mental health /psychosocial issues.
- Discuss difficulties and problems with supervisor
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Education: Counseling, social work, psychology or other similar degree/diploma
- Experience: Essential 1 year in a similar or relevant position. Working experience with MSF or other NGOs is desirable
- Language: Arabic and good knowledge of English
- Computer skills: Computer literacy (word, excel, internet).
- Result oriented
- Multi Cultural awarness