GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Mercy Corps is implementing the “Promoting Reconciliation in Crisis-Affected Areas of Iraq” program jointly with the Iraqi Centre for Conflict Management and Negotiation Skills (the Centre). The program aims to reduce violence and improve social cohesion in crisis-affected communities through conflict management and reconciliation efforts at the grassroots and provincial levels. The program will reach this goal through three major components: 1) Building the capacity of local authorities to identify and quickly address immediate concerns associated with the crisis and return of IDPs; 2) Reducing conflict and improving cooperation within and between communities to meet mutual interests; 3) Building the ability of crisis-affected groups to impact policy matters affecting them and their communities. The Program Assistant will provide general administrative support to the Sr. Program Manager, Conflict Sector Manager and the program team in overall support of the Promoting Reconciliation in Crisis-Affected Areas of Iraq (PRC). This may include program focused administrative, operational, and logistical support to the project.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
– General Project Administration: Manage the daily administrative work flow in the Promoting Reconciliation in Crisis-Affected Areas of Iraq (PRC). This includes providing basic administrative support, including: drafting of letters and invitations, updating program documents, scheduling meetings, completing forms, updating the team calendar with events such as trainings or leave, and streamlining PRC processes and procedures including project flow between departments (finance, procurement, operations, security).
– Program Master Files – responsible for the development and maintenance of all program master files following specific auditable processes and documentation for trainings, activities, projects and other activities in both hard copy and electronic file system.
– Conference/Meeting Planning and Travel: Coordinating travel arrangement including conferences and trainings, as well as other travel details as necessary. Ensure process is followed with required documents, signatures and proper filing. Assist with the logistical coordination and planning of all PRC meetings and conferences, including identifying venues, obtaining quotes for services, reviewing contracts, finalizing all procurement requirements, assist with participants’ travel arrangements to attend events, as necessary. Coordinate with program, finance, and administration staff to ensure as required to support PRC operational systems.
– Team Coordination Calls: Manage the organization and record the details of all PRC team weekly/monthly meetings. This includes producing agenda documents (where required) for calls, and when required taking notes during team meetings and disseminating them in a timely manner, always highlighting action points.
– Procurement: Serve as the focal point for PRC procurement requirements for trainings, activities, social and advocacy projects. Assure all documentation is complete with appropriate signatures and maintain program master file.
– Program Management Support: Support the PRC to develop project tracking resources, check for accuracy, follow up and correct errors.
– Communications: Assist the Monitoring & Evaluation Officer to create, produce and distribute internal and external communications to facilitate learning throughout the project. Work with the Advocacy team to solicit stories from the field, updating the intranet site with learning resources, ensuring information held within the site is accurate and up-to-date, creating communications resources when requested, sourcing relevant materials including reports, research documents, discussion papers, videos, posters, etc.
– Light to moderate translation of documents (Arabic/English)
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
– Two or more years of general administration or program support experience is required.
– A university degree in a related field (conflict, business, international relations) is required.
– Excellent oral and written English skills are required.
– Two years’ experience of related work with an international NGO is preferred.
– Proven interest and commitment to humanitarian and development issues.
– Excellent organizational skills: the ability to work independently & productively in a fast-paced environment and to effectively see projects through from start to finish.
– Flexible work attitude and demonstrated creativity: the ability to work productively in a team environment and the ability to problem solve creatively with minimal guidance;
– Excellent Computer skills (especially Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook)
ACCOUNTABILITY REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Sr. Program Manager.
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Conflict Sector Manager, Program Officers, other Program Managers, Finance Department, Operations Department, Heads of Offices, Security, Senior M&E Officer.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES: Successful candidates should meet the education and experience requirements in the position descriptions for the vacant positions and should have a strong and demonstrated knowledge of safety and security management, good written and spoken English, computer Skills and local languages.
S/he must be self- motivated, creative, tolerant, and able to work in difficult, stressful environments and follow procedures. S/he must respect diversity and gender equality at the workplace. Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability and transparency to its beneficiaries and to International standards guiding relief and development work
Any Resume will be sent without mentioning the job applied for in the subject line and MC application form will not be considered . Submission should include a copy of Iraqi national ID card and education certificates.