The Compliance officer will work closely with the compliance manager and program staff in order to establish programmatic checks which can be put in place (for example: responsibilities in reviewing and approving sub award reports prior to payments are issued, oversight of remote monitoring, etc.).
- Conduct regular field visits to program sites in order to identify any areas of weaknesses, prepare accurate and timely reports.
Sub award Management:
The Compliance officer will be responsible for;
- Comply with and enforce IMC’s sub award Manual, including required procedures and documentation;
- Help the compliance manager in overseeing the partner selection process.
- Be part of the Pre award assessment process to review sub recipient’s systems and evaluate their capacity as part of the evaluation team.
- Regular visits and monitoring of sub recipient’s activities by visiting to their offices.
- Provide regular support to program and finance staff in the oversight of sub recipient activities;
- Provide in-person and remote capacity building and/or training to partners in financial management, reporting and compliance.
- Keep track of payments made to the sub grantee as well as their reporting deadlines
The Compliance officer will assist the compliance coordinator in
- Provide the final review of procurement transactions, over an established threshold, to ensure adequate supporting documentation, compliance with IMC’s Procurement Manual and donor regulations;
- Conduct and document the IMC Offer Verification Process by physically visiting the vendor’s business locations.
Assist the compliance manager in ;
- Review of safeguards and controls to prevent security and safety of assets,
- Review of compliance with donor reporting to ensure accuracy and timely submission,
- Review of monthly financial package/reports before submission to donors and split,
- Review the adequacy & fair cost allocation (Cost Allocation Methodology)
The compliance officer with the help of compliance manager review
- The payroll month preparation and transfer process every month.
- Review the process of hiring and firing of HR
The Compliance officer will:
- With the help and guidance of compliance manager take part in investigations as and when required, prepare investigation reports with recommendations.
- Any other tasks assigned by the compliance manager
- – Bachelors Degree in Business administration / Commercial law
- Well known in Iraqi Labor Law
- More than 3 years experience
- Arabic Speaker , Fluent in English , Kurdish is additional