- Providing optimal psychosocial support to child and adult population groups.
- The primary focus is utilising MSF protocols in dissemination of mental health needs at community level.
- Producing and providing mental health & psychosocial education messages and basic support psychological first aid (PFA) to target groups.
- Identifying and referral of mental health and psychosocial support for counselling or psychological intervention to the MSF MH team or appropriate services.
Operational / Technical responsibilities
- Actively promotes the availability of MSF services.
- Establish first contact within beneficiary’s home, tent or shelter and refer appropriately to MSF MH team or other agencies.
- Work together with other team members to identify MH needs and prepare educational material according to specific target population needs.
- Carry out individual or group based educational sessions as required.
- Provide PFA when appropriate.
- Identify and organize supportive activities within the community.
- Maintain accurate case notes and monitoring data and produce regular reports to the supervisor.
- Engages in professional and ethical practice, keeping all beneficiary information confidential.
- Keep accurate statistics and beneficiary contact notes.
- Actively participate in weekly supervision.
- Attend all trainings and ensure competency to deliver community MH care to beneficiaries.
- Punctually attend morning security meetings.
- Attend and participate in team and multidisciplinary meetings.
- Participates in trainings, and supervision sessions as required, including regular on-the-job training, supervision by the team supervisor or MHO, and occasional external trainings.
- Be punctual for all beneficiary activities, meetings and trainings.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
Education: Secondary school and Social Science Bachelor Degree.
A high level of competence in spoken and written English and Arabic and familiarity with Iraqi Arabic.
Experience: MSF an advantage.
Outside MSF NGO experience an advantage.
Previous experience working in the medical field, and with MH and or psychosocial sector.
R – English F – Arabic A – Kurdish, Turkmen
F – Fluent | B – Basic | R – Required | A – An asset
- Adherence to MSF charter and principles.
- Planning capabilities, organizational skills, problem solving.
- Multi-tasks management.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willing to fall in as required to ensure smooth operational running of all project activities.
- Self-reflection and willingness to develop skills to enhance service delivery.
- Ability to work independently, to discuss sensitive psychological issues, and to respect patient confidentiality.
- Calm, ability to listen, and seek assistance when required.
- Punctual, organized, meet deadlines.