Prepare, provide and present health education sessions to the patients and caregivers of the postoperative-care ward according MSF principles and values in order to promote health information through health measures and hygiene conditions as well as provide information about MSF activities and the MSF movement
- Prepare material and deliver health education sessions, messages and topics addressed to different target groups (i.e. families, children, and women) regarding hygiene, diseases and prevention.
- Ensure all the patients and caretakers are well informed, according to protocols, about health related issues and services provided by MSF.
- Ensure that hygiene-kits are given to every patient/ family and give support and information for the right use of the utilities.
- Monitor health situation and living conditions of the population by conducting nutritional screening, collecting information related to food security and report to your supervisor, checking vaccination status of children,
- Work in close collaboration with the medical team of the hospital, ensure a well-functioning communication (i.e. through joining ward rounds, holding regular meetings).
- Report to line manager of all results of screening and visits on a regular basis.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Education: Literacy essential. An internal MSF training on health messages will be necessary.
- Non Previous experience required
- Mission language desirable (English) and local language essential
- Competencies: Results, Teamwork, Flexibility, Commitment, Service, Stress Management