With the support of the Mental Health Officer, the Community Awareness Program Officer is responsible for oversight of the Mental Health Activities within the Kirkuk project. He/she participates in the planning and supervision of mental health / psycho-social related services in the program in accordance with MSF standards in order to provide the most appropriate mental health support for beneficiaries. He/She hierarchically supervises the Community Mental Health Workers (CMHWs) and Psychosocial Counselors under the directive of the Mental Health Officer.
- Supervise and oversee the implementation of the Mental Health activities within Kirkuk project.
- Actively promote the availability of counselling services and carry out, individual or in group counselling, basic psycho educational sessions, to patients, their families (when needed), in order to alleviate their psychosocial difficulties within the project scope.
- Supervise the Community Mental Health Workers in the organization of their daily activities, maintaining quality and quantity of activities.
- Support the Community Mental Health Workers to introduce, implement and evaluate of (new) activities/workshops.
- Develop psychosocial activities and educational material.
- Take active part in trainings and supervisions
- Carry out administrative tasks (keeping records, weekly supply ordering, collecting data)
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Degree in psychology (ideally in clinical psychology, but not essential).
- Medical degree with specialisation and or interest in psychiatry.
- A high level of competence in spoken and written English and Arabic + familiarity with Iraqi Arabic
- Previous work experience with non-governmental/humanitarian organizations
- Experience working within refugee settings
- Experience in management of MH or psychosocial teams.
- Flexible and committed to MSF principles.
- Ability to work within a multicultural team and in diverse populations with a focus on multidisciplinary collaboration
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Punctual, honest, reliable.