Implement CCCM activities as requested by the Deputy Camp Manager and Camp Manager such as but not limited to:
- Ensure timely and adequate registration of IDPs in camp, including identification of persons with specific needs in coordination with protection partners.
- Creation of site maintenance committee from camps resident and focal person in training committee, providing TORs to committee members, and establishing shelter repair complaints and action desk in camp.
- Ensure that site maintenance committee representative attends all committee meetings
- Monitor status of infrastructure in the camp and mobilize site maintenance committee to repair various damages identified in the camp
- Create BOQs of items and tools needed for maintenance work
- Organize and assist partners in conducting distributions in the camp
- Ensure that all partner distribution schedules, beneficiary lists and contents of distributions are advertised to community
- Hold daily focus group discussions with inhabitants to find needs and gaps that exist with camp services and infrastructure
- Directly report back to Deputy Camp Manager and Camp Manager on issues related to physical infrastructure and services within the camp.
- Treat community members in a sensitive and humane manner
Build and maintain mutually respectful relationships with Camp Management, service providers, local authorities, IDP community members and host community members, in order to ensure smooth communication, activity implementation, and community outreach.
Any other tasks as requested by the Camp Management agency.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Completion of university degree in civil engineering, architecture, urban planning or engineering
- Minimum one years of experience in international and/or local NGO; ideally involved in the direct implementation of field level humanitarian assistance to refugees or IDPs.
- Technical skills such as formulating BOQs and conducting maintenance work
- Experience in community services, women empowerment, youth activities, protection, distribution or registration.
- Experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities, and UN organizations.
- Experience working in an IDP camp setting
Essential knowledge and skills:
- Extensive knowledge of Iraqi displacement context.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-playing skills.
- Highly flexible, with the ability to use initiative.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
- Commitment to promoting gender equality.
- University diploma or degree is an asset.
- Proficiency in English and Arabic, both oral and written.
- Managerial experience, including leading/supervising subordinate staff, organizing activities and report writing.
- Experience in training and capacity-building of staff.
- Experience in CCCM, including Introduction to CCCM Training.
- Preferable experience operating in a refugee/IDP camp environment.
- Knowledge of logistics and procurement processes.