The business coaches will provide direct support to project beneficiaries by monitoring the development and implementation of their individual and group business plans.
- Conduct regular drop-in visits to beneficiaries’ small businesses to check on business management and development, and document/track findings;
- Provide ongoing technical support to value chain groups (VCGs) comprised of small business owners in their business planning and start up process;
- Monitor and provide ongoing coaching and technical advice to VCGs progress in their production and marketing;
- Assist Program Manager with all internal and external reporting requirements;
- Assist the Value Chain Development Officer with data collection and writing success stories;
- Work collaboratively with all members of the Project Team in order to coordinate and maximize efficiency of the project activities;
- Share relevant information with Project Team members on an ongoing basis;
- Participate actively in the Project Team meetings and activities;
- Perform any other tasks as required by the Program Manager or Technical Advisor.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- University Degree in relevant discipline preferred (business administration, economics);
- Knowledge of/previous experience in developing, implementing, and monitoring business plans;profit/loss analysis; and value chain assessment;
- Previous experience in livelihoods programs or income generation activities, on projects withinternational donor funding preferred;
- Demonstrable experience/understanding of project planning, management and monitoring;
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with beneficiaries from a variety ofbackgrounds;
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written;
- Fluency (Read – Write – Speak) in English, Kurdish and Arabic.