View more 2 weeks ago
The Business Advisor is responsible for the Livelihoods business incubator, business grant and asset replacement projects to support the establishment of small businesses across Erbil, and Ninewa.
- Lead the development of the criteria for selection for participants in Business Incubator, business grant and asset replacement Program.
- With the support of the Livelihoods team and livelihoods deputy program manager review each case for inclusion in the program and make recommendations as needed.
- Maintain a clear database of all possible participants in the program (selected and not selected) and provide regular updates (at least monthly) to the DRC livelihoods database officer.
- Provide regular advice to business development to beneficiaries as well as to the DRC livelihoods team.
- Prepare and maintain up to date work plan and track expenditures, in line with project and budget documents
- Prepare regular and timely updates and reports to be shared with the livelihoods deputy program manager.
- Compile monthly report on the business activities, any new opportunities identified and success stories to the LHDPM.
- Deliver business development skills training to the selected beneficiaries of the program.
- In coordination with agricultural sector and other stake holders identify beneficiaries for asset replacement project.
- Identify gaps in markets and encourage the development of new relevant business to fill the gap.
- Monitor and follow up with each participant in the Business Incubator, business grant and asset replacement program.
- Perform assessments of future and existing businesses to determine strengths and profitability \
- Review business proposals and evaluate their potential for employment generation and profitability
- Provide recommendations to the business selection committee for the potential funding of business proposals
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the LHDPM.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant university degree or similar education.
- Relevant experience in similar contexts.
- Experience with DRC people of concern.
- Experience in similar livelihoods assignments.
- Strong communication and team work skills.
- Knowledge of local laws and regulations.
- Able to work energetically.
- Relevant computer skills.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience of working with UN or Non-Governmental Organisations.
- Experience in training and capacity-building of staff.
- Knowledge of the Refugee and IDP crisis.
- Analytical Skills
- Planning Skills
- Teamwork Skills
- Initiative (proactive)
- Result-oriented and Accountability
- Spoken and written English, Arabic and Kurdish are essential.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.