To ensure the work of the Physical Rehabilitation Center department is managed efficiently and effectively in line with an established guidelines. You will need to be an enthusiastic, flexible, committed, and a resourceful colleague who can support the Manager to lead the team. The successful candidate will need to deliver to a high standard, be resilient and have a positive “can do” attitude.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent will undertake the following responsibilities under the direct supervision of the ICRC Physical Rehabilitation Center in Erbil:
· Perform all technical duties necessary to manufacture quality and appropriate Prosthetic & Orthotic devices including: correct use of different components, vacuum forming, bending side-bars, assembly and finishing of the devices according to the instructions given by the Ortho-Prosthesis Technician
· Performs all repairs according to the instructions given by the Ortho-Prosthesis Technician
· When applicable assembles walking aids and/or wheelchairs
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
· High school level
· 3 years working experience as Prosthetic & Orthotic bench worker or equivalent technical experience
· Good knowledge of English
· Good physical condition
· Experience in communicating and working with a wide range of people, including people of culturally diverse backgrounds.
· Good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills;
· Ability to draft clearly and concisely;
· Demonstrated gender awareness and gender sensitivity;
· Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds;
· Ability to work under pressure
· Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility and drive for results;
· Proactively develop new ways to resolve problems and actively share relevant information.
· Set clear and achievable goals consist with agreed priorities for self and others.
· Collaborating, Making Effective Decisions, Managing Quality Service, Demonstrating Resilience
· Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
· Delegates tasks and responsibilities as appropriate
· Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
· Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills