To ensure coherent information flow within the sub-delegation and support the Management in their daily work in line with established guidelines. The successful candidate will need to be an enthusiastic, flexible, committed, and a resourceful colleague who can efficiently support the Management, gives advice on information management and support in the implementation of related guidelines and tools. This position requires a high delivery standard, resilience and a positive “can do” attitude.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will undertake the following responsibilities under the direct supervision of the Advisor to the Head of Sub-Delegation in Erbil:
- Performs general secretarial duties independently (agenda keeping and various office work)
- Drafts routine correspondence and ensure compilation of weekly reporting
- Brief new comers on office computer tools and support users
- Translates simple documents
- In charge of the Information Management in the sub delegation
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- University degree or professional diploma
- 3 – 5 years work experience in information management or a similar field
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English, Kurdish and Arabic
- Very good computer skills
- Ability to follow and implement guidelines
- Experience in communicating and working with a wide range of people, including people of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Precision and ability to draft clearly and concisely
- Demonstrated gender awareness and gender sensitivity;
- Experience and confirmed ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds;
- Ability to work under pressure
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility and drive for results;
- Proficiency in Office applications, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Explorer.
- Experience in using IBM Notes and Sharepoint web platform is an advantage.
- Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems and actively shares relevant information.
- Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others.
- Identifies priority activities and assignments for self and others
- Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress
- Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity