Archivists acquire, manage and maintain documents and other materials that have historical importance for individuals, organisations and for authorities. A large part of your work is related to making information accessible to users, increasingly in digital format.
- Organize archival records and develop classification systems to facilitate access to archival materials. Arrange the acquisition and retrieval of records
- Provide reference services and assistance for users needing archival materials
- Prepare archival records, such as document descriptions, to allow easy access to information
- Authenticate and appraise historical documents and archival materials.
- Create and maintain accessible, retrievable computer archives and databases, incorporating current advances in electronic information storage technology
- Respond to enquiries from country office and head quarters
- Advise users on how best to access, use and interpret archives;
- Maintain user-friendly, computer-aided search systems;
- Promote your work through exhibitions, presentations, talks and visits;
- Identify ways of protecting and preserving collections;
- Advise on the ongoing organization and storage of material in order to encourage organizations to plan for the future.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
Due to the nature of Tdh work activities, Tdh demand to his employee to have highest discretion and flexibility qualities. Tdh can anytime according to the needs of his mission, change the work location of his employee. Tdh can at any time update tasks on this Job Description according to the evolution of the program or strategy changes. The above listed tasks are not exhaustive, the employee can be asked to undertake other tasks by the employer according to the competencies, to work over settings time.
- Minimum of two years of professional experience in a similar position.
- Diploma or degree holders is desired education.
- Computer operating skills and skills in using Adobe Photoshop and other image editing software, scanners, and inkjet printers.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively in a team environment.
- Spoken and written English to a high level is required.
- Able to work in unstable, uncertain or potentially dangerous environments, independently and in a team.