The AME Assistant will attend distributions together with the Distributions Teams. On site, they will be responsible for the following:
– Assisting beneficiaries with registration issues at the distribution site.
– Assisting beneficiaries with special needs at the distribution site.
– Collecting and responding to complaints from beneficiaries
– Feeding complaints back to the AME Manager/Officer, for reporting to ACTED Programmes and donors
– Field observations and monitoring of the distribution process
– Spot-checking the registration process
– Interviewing to beneficiaries to assess satisfaction with the distribution process
– Ensuring accurate and timely collection of data, interviewing beneficiaries and other tasks as they arise for the purposes of documenting and reporting on progress.
– Potentially assist on conducting post-distribution monitoring surveys.
– Assist the AME Unit in other tasks as per requirement.
The AME Assistant will be based in one of 3 bases: Erbil, Duhok, or Suleimaniyah – travelling to various locations from each, jointly with the Distribution Team.
Professionalism and Personal Qualities
- Knowledge and experience
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and Arabic essential. Kurdish highly desirable.
- Computer skills in MS Word
- Basic data analysis in MS Excel
- Previous reporting experience highly preferred (in English)
- Previous experience working on humanitarian programs preferred.
- Personal qualities
- Able to communicate with tact and sensitivity
- Can display patience and politeness while dealing with beneficiaries and ACTED/partner organization staff
- Remain calm in stressful situations
- A commitment to honesty and integrity in dealing with complaints.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-moving and complex environment.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.