View more 7 years ago
Project: wadi Kurdistan Region Iraq-KRI
Duty Station: wadi office, Suleimaniyah
Reporting to: wadi PC, Suleimany and Germany board
Dead line for submitting CV and motivation letter: 31.7.2016
Under control of the wadi and supervised by the Project Coordinator, the Accountant is responsible for all matters concerning finance, with duties and responsibilities as follows:
• Prepare all vouchers for the certifying and approving officer.
• Consolidate the financial reports, to be submitted by the PC to wadi Germany on a monthly basis.
• Maintain the vendor profile file for the PC to avoid any duplication in payments.
• Run the Petty Cash for the wadi and do all the necessary payments in accordance with wadi policy.
• Maintain the filing system for the financial correspondences and keep it updated.
• Assist and conduct daily transactions of disburse and do all the fuel and changing of oil payments for the vehicles, as required.
• Check the original vouchers and supporting documents including the cashbooks at the end of every month before forwarding to wadi Germany or to Donors.
• Perform additional tasks as required by the PC or wadi.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• A relevant university degree and excellent financial background with proven experience, preferably within the NGO systems.
• Fluent in oral and written English and good at Arabic.
• Very good general administration background.
• Very good workable knowledge of the full computer suite.
• Flexibility in undertaking any kind of assignment.
• Able to obtain permit to travel to all areas in the KRI.
• Capability to work in multinational/cultural environment.
• Reliable and able to work under pressure.
• Commitment to the promotion of women and children’s rights.
• Experience in accountancy work with NGOs and good at QuickBooks.