As part of the wider humanitarian response to the Iraqi IDP crisis, ACTED currently
conducts distributions of food, Voucher , Cash ,non-food items, and WASH kits across
Northern Iraq – from its bases in Erbil, Duhok, and Sulaymaniyah.
In order to be transparent and accountable towards both beneficiaries and donors, ACTED is
responsible for monitoring these distributions and ensuring that they meet the highest
standard possible, and pass through proper procedures – as well as incorporating feedback
from beneficiaries into the programme implementation on a rolling basis.
The Accountability Assistant ensures that distributions take place according to proper
procedure, that beneficiaries are able to voice complaints, and that ACTED’s programmes are
transparent and accountable.
The Accountability Assistant will attend distributions together with the Distributions Teams. On site,
they will be responsible for the following:
– Assisting beneficiaries with registration issues at the distribution site.
– Assisting beneficiaries with special needs at the distribution site.
– Collecting and responding to complaints from beneficiaries.
– Feeding complaints back to the AME Manager/Officer, for reporting to ACTED Programmes
– Field observations and monitoring of the distribution process.
– Spot-checking the registration process
– Interviewing to beneficiaries to assess satisfaction with the distribution process
– Support staff in data collection and analysis related to project design and monitoring;
ACTED HR Manual – National staff
– During distributions he/she will oversee the help desks and will monitor the use of the
hotline and ensure all calls are received and addressed as needed.
– Ensure that all program activities are within the scope of objectives set by ACTED and are in
compliance with donor objectives and requirements.
When possible, the Accountability Assistant will also return to previous distribution sites to conduct
post-distribution monitoring surveys.
Professionalism and Personal Qualities
– Knowledge and experience
– Personal qualities
o Fluent in both spoken and written English and Arabic essential. Kurdish highly
o Computer skills: Word, Excel.
o Previous experience working on humanitarian programs strongly preferred.
o Excellent communication, sensitivity and diplomatic skills in dealing with
beneficiaries and ACTED/partner organization staff.
o A commitment to honesty and integrity in dealing with complaints.
o Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
o Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-moving and complex environment.
o Ability to engage well with individuals of different backgrounds.
APPLY: We look forward to receive your CV
(Please mention your permanent address in your CVs)
By e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
– – please write the position title in the subject line ex. (Accountability Assistant/Sully)
CVs without position subject will not be considered
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications: 16th /July /2016