To ensure the work of Welcome department is managed efficiently and effectively in line with established guidelines. You will need to be an enthusiastic, flexible, committed, and a resourceful person who can support the Manager to lead the team. The successful candidate will need to deliver to a high standard, be resilient and have a positive “can do” attitude.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will undertake the following responsibilities under the direct supervision of the ICRC Finance and Administration Manager in Erbil:
- Responsible to provide and supervise Welcome services for a structure of more than 300 people (National and International staff)
- Supervise on daily base a team of 4 people and suggests innovative solutions when needed.
- Coordinates with all related Departments to arrange visas, travels, accommodation, facilitation letters, meetings, workshops log for proper logistical support
- Supervise the use of all electronic tools provided by the Institution
- Controls on daily base all welcome related expenses and provides solutions in accordance to rules and regulations in place.
- In cooperation with his/her supervisor, s/he negotiates with services providers (e.g. hotels, travel agencies etc.)
- Uses and develops monitoring tools to follow expenses, travels, databases etc and prepares reports based on findings
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- University degree or professional diploma
- 3 – 5 years work experience in a similar field
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English, Kurdish and Arabic
- Proven computer skills
- Excellent organizational and methodical skills
- Good negotiation skill
- Proven Team Leadership skills
- Ability to draft reports clearly and concisely
- Proficiency in Office applications, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Explorer.
- Objective-oriented person
- Experience in communicating and working with a wide range of people, including people of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated gender awareness and gender sensitivity
- Ability to work under pressure
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility and drive for results
- Sets clear and achievable goals consist with agreed priorities for self and others.
- Knowledge of SharePoint is a plus
- Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
- Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills