Rate This Company ( No reviews yet )
Mercy Hands for Humanitarian Aid (Acronym: MH) is a young and dynamic Iraqi non-governmental organization (NGO) formed in the aftermath of the 2003 war in Iraq by Dr. Khaldoon Al-Moosawi. Our aim is to alleviate the suffering of disaster affected populations, facilitate the reach of humanitarian aid to the most vulnerable groups, and participate in building Iraqi Civil Society.
Roles and responsibilities
- We recognize that it is firstly through their efforts that the basic needs of people affected by calamity or armed conflict are met.
- We acknowledge the primary role and responsibility of the State to provide assistance when peoples’ capacity to cope has been exceeded.
- Mercy Hands recognizes that State and community responsibilities cannot be assumed without training and empowerment.
- Mercy Hands will continue to play an active role with Local, National and International Humanitarian bodies and Civil Society Institutes in filling the gaps and finding long term solutions.
- We commit ourselves to make every effort to ensure that people affected by conflict or displacement have access to at least the minimum requirements of living standards to satisfy their basic right to a life lived with dignity.
- We expect to be held accountable to this commitment and have undertaken to develop systems for accountability and transparency within our respective consortium.
- We acknowledge that our fundamental accountability must be to those we seek to assist.